It’s a rare sight to spot people complaining about various hair issues such as dandruff, hair fall, split ends, premature greying, hair breakage, alopecia aerate, and many more. These hair concerns are real and on the rise due to various factors such as stressful lifestyles, improper access to hair care products, poor diet, lifestyle choices, etc. As complaints went on rising, it caused tremendous confusion among people to find the best solution. Well, the solution is in the problem itself. Analysing the root cause of the problem is of utmost importance in order to deal with hair concerns like a pro!
To avoid these confusions, we have listed some dos and don’ts we all should be focusing on to improve the life of hair while dealing with hair problems.
- Oiling: Applying oil is the most crucial part of any hair care routine. Inculcating this habit twice a week helps to nourish the hair strands and scalp while preventing breakage and split ends.
- Shampooing: Ensure to use non-toxin shampoo only on your scalp. Do not rigorously rub shampoo on your hair strands as it could damage the strands. Use sulphate-free shampoos for excellent results.
- Serum: Applying a hair protective serum is non-negotiable especially to save the hair from aggressive heat and environmental damage. After washing your hair and patting it dry with a towel, it is a healthy habit to apply a small amount of serum to prevent further damage.
- Naturally drying: After a hair wash, many people turn to electric hair dryers to quickly get them dried. Slowly this habit could take a toll on the quality of health. Hence, it is essential to naturally dry hair using a microfiber towel that is too gentle. Do not rub the hair strands over a towel as it could result in split ends and tangles.
- Combing the hair: It is necessary to comb hair once it gets dried. Combing wet hair can lead to hair breakage and hair loss as they are fragile while they are wet. It is good to opt for a wooden comb to detangle hair strands instead of using a plastic comb.
- Diet: Eating a healthy and balanced diet is super crucial to stand strong in the hair care game. Although you’ve been applying too many hair care products, having a healthy and nutritious diet has its own charm!
- Consult: In case of persistent hair concerns, ensure to consult a trichologist for further help.
- Avoid going overboard with your hair oil can lead to clogging pores and follicles. This will ultimately lead to breakouts and infection on your scalp.
- Do not let shampoo residue stay on the scalp as it could lead to itching and infection.
- Do not tie your hair tightly as it could add a lot of strain to your scalp and hair strands.
- Also, avoid excessive pulling of hair strands as it could lead to damage.
- Avoid using heat styling tools as they could permanently damage your hair strands.
- Avoid consuming junk food, caffeinated drinks, smoking, etc.
- Do not go overboard with your shampooing session as it could strip away the natural essence of oil from the strands and scalp.
- Limit hair damage by restricting the use of hair colour or chemicals in your hair care products.
You can win over your hair concerns by bringing these mini yet mighty changes to your hair care routine.